Traditional educational spaces are changing with the prevalence of portable devices, digital courses, and constant Wi-Fi access. On campuses across the world these spaces are shifting from traditional focus and group work areas to mimic everyday spaces that serve multiple purposes.
At the heart of this shift, other than changes in technology, is the need for students to collaborate or come together for creative purposes. Students are looking for casual spaces that give them the sense of being at home.
In order for traditional study spaces, such as libraries, to shift to modern spaces they need to keep the flexibility of the space and furniture in mind.
Some factors that students are looking for in their study spaces:
– Community | Spaces for social interaction and collaboration
– Retreat | Are their spaces for privacy and focus?
– Resources | Access to technology
– Refreshment | Close proximity to access to food and drink
– Comfort | Does it allow for a variety of comfortable areas depending on the users need?
We take pride in our expert ability to repurpose spaces to stay modern and functional including educational spaces! If you’re looking to revitalize an educational space we’d love to talk to you about your needs.